In November 1985 Black Men and Black Women stepped out of their isolation within an all-white society for the first time and called up for a nationally organized meeting in Wiesbaden. This nationwide meeting continues to this day. A lot has changed since the beginning: we went from a few contacts to being an entire network.
The focus of the conference is for Black Persons to work on different topics together; hold discussion forums and to empower individuals in their public and private lives. The Black Community Weekend offers workshops, readings, discussions, open dialogues, information stands, and activities for children with focus on self-empowerment. Our evening program includes movie discussions, performances, readings and parties. Since 2012, our participation fees include entry into the program, food and accommodations.
- Adults (18 years or older): Euro 124,00
- Adults with ISD membership: Euro 105,00
- Children or Young Adults (between the ages of 12-17 years): 82,50
- First two children (between the ages of 3-11): 32,50 each
- Additional children: free
- Infants and Toddlers (aged 0-2 years): free