War on Want and UNISON Northern present The Newcastle leg of the Frontlines tour.
***Speakers from Nigeria, Colombia, Palestine & UK***
– Berenice Celeita of Nomadesc, working to protect communities affected by armed conflict in Colombia
– Celestine Akpobari of Social Action, empowering communities in the Niger Delta
– Ayed Abu Eqtaish, of Defence for Children International-Palestine section, protecting the rights of Palestinian children
– Chaired by Clare Williams, UNISON Northern Regional Convenor
– Featuring poetry by Rafeef Ziadah (performance poet and War on Want campaigner) and music by Bethany Elen Coyle (www.soundcloud.com/bethanyelen)
Join us for a discussion around corporate abuses, struggles over the control of resources and the aggressive spread of militarism across the world. Hear from our international speakers about their inspirational stories of resistance against human rights abuses through education and active campaigns.
As the UK continues to feel the impact of austerity we need to strengthen our campaigning work by sharing strategies and ideas with our friends from overseas.
FIND OUT HOW YOU CAN GET INVOLVED!